We recognise that all companies adopt a slightly different approach to employee management. You may operate a full internal human resources team or whether it's just you, the single human resources person or, like most small businesses, you, the boss does it all. At some time most businesses should seek professional legal advice for at least some employment issue. In the long run it can save you time and money.
Employment law is a potential minefield for the inexperienced and uninitiated. It is one area of law that is probably seems to you to be in a constant state of flux, often because of the European Community angle.
As employees become more aware of their rights and become increasingly prepared to seek legal redress, it is vital that employers stay abreast of developments.
Our Employment Team provides practical advice on all employment law issues including :-
- Contracts of employment;
- Data Protection;
- Disciplinary action and grievance procedures;
- Discrimination for sex, race, disability;
- Employment Tribunals;
- Family friendly policies;
- Maternity leave;
- Minimum wage;
- Paternity leave;
- Redundancy and dismissal;
- Restrictive covenants;
- Service agreements;
- Trade unions;
- Transfer regulations upon company acquisitions;
- TUPE including indemnities and warranties;
- Unfair dismissal;
- Whistle blowing;
- Wrongful dismissal and breach of contract.